Thursday, January 28, 2016

Cranberry Citrus Biscotti





Growing up, I always associated Biscotti as an "Old Man Cookie" because my Poppop would always snack on anisette biscotti. Ironically, my Poppop has no real teeth so eating these cookies are a labor of love. Biscotti are great with coffee, tea or milk and can be very versatile. Whether you put anise, berries or nuts in your biscotti, they are the perfect cookie any time of year.

I made this recipe after I was inspired by *distant* cousin Giada DeLaurentiis' Pistachio Biscotti. I should also mention that my Poppop's last name is DeLaurentis so there has to be some connection with my favorite celebrity chef!!

I hope the Cranberry Citrus flavor reminds you of summer and feel free to make them if you're snowed in this winter-- State College got 8 inches of snow last Friday!

Ingredients:

All Purpose Flour--- 2 CUPS
Yellow Corn Meal--- 1 CUP
Baking Powder--- 1.5 TSP
Salt--- 1 TSP
Sugar--- 1 CUP
Eggs--- 3 (Large)
Orange (Zested)--- atleast 1 TBSP
Lemon (Zested)--- atleast 1 TBSP
Dried Cranberries/ Craisins--- 1/2 CUP

STEP BY STEP:


  • 1. Preheat oven to 325F

  • 2. Zest both Lemon and Orange 

  • 3. In one large bowl Mix dry ingredients: Flour, Corn Meal, Baking Powder and Salt

  • 4. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and add sugar. Mix until it's smooth and pale yellow

  • 5. Add zests and cranberries to dry ingredients 

  • 6. Add sugar & egg mixture to dry ingredients and knead by hand 

  • 7. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Form dough into two 4" x 11" logs and press into sheets

  • 8. Bake at 325F for 35 mintues

  • 9. Remove biscotti logs and cut diagonally with a bread knife. (I cut diagonally to make longer cookies but its all preference)


(Top-Diagonal Cut, Bottom- Regular Cut)
  • 10. Place biscotti cut-side down and bake 10 minutes on each side. Still at 325F

  • 11. Let cool 5 minutes at Enjoy!! 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment