Monday, May 30, 2016

Steak & Ketchup Stir-Fry


If you're like me, reheated steak just doesn't cut it. But this easy "stir-fry" recipe transforms leftover steak into a quick meal that's ideal for tomorrow's lunch. When my Mom was growing up, my Nana would simply combine sliced steak and ketchup- it's just that easy. Today, I've learned the recipe and it sort of reminds me of an Asian stir-fry because of the thin beef strips.

 I always thought adding ketchup to steak was off limits but this dish completely changed my opinion!

Ingredients:

Steak (cooked and sliced)--- 1 LB
Sweet Onion (sliced)--- 1/2 CUP
Ketchup--- 1/4 CUP
Garlic (minced)--- 1 Clove
Bell Pepper (sliced)--- 1/2 CUP
Salt and Pepper--- To Taste
Olive Oil--- 2 TBSP

Step By Step:

  • Cut onion, pepper & garlic and saute in a large, oiled frying pan

  • Once onion and pepper are tender, add steak and stir in ketchup
(Waggles is looking for his share of steak!)

  • Because the steak is already cooked, it only takes about 5 minutes for the warm steak to absorb the tomato flavor from the ketchup
                                

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment