Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Overnight Oats


School is out for the summer and I'm back to work. Most days, I start my job at 6 in the morning so having a grab-and-go breakfast is really helpful. Overnight oats seems to be really trendy lately so I wanted to have The Recovery Kitchen join this movement! Feel free to use any fruit/nut/grain combination you want and I've found that equal parts milk & oats works best for me. In the morning  you'll wake up to a delicious pre-made breakfast!!  

Ingredients: Serves 1

Steel-cut Oats--- 1/2 CUP
Banana (sliced)--- 1
Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)--- 1/4 CUP
Dried Cranberries--- 2 TBSP
Milk or Yogurt--- 1/2 CUP
Walnuts (crushed)--- 2 TBSP

Step by Step:

  • In a jar, add oats and fruit
(As frozen berries defrost, their juices are absorbed by the oats)

  • Add milk or yogurt. (Should be equal parts milk to oats)

  • Seal jar, shake and refrigerate overnight
(See ya in the morning!)

  • The next morning the oats should have completely absorbed the milk and fruit juices. Top with nuts for some extra crunch! 




No comments:

Post a Comment