Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Chicken & Risotto Florentine



I actually made this recipe by mistake, well I guess it was a lucky mistake. I typically prepare my lunch the night before so on this particular night I was making chicken, risotto, and spinach. Then had the idea of adding the chicken to the risotto and spinach to absorb some extra flavors. 

After telling my Mom about my creation she said it said it sounds a lot like Chicken Florentine- an Italian dish with spinach. In my opinion, adding the risotto made it like an "Italian stir-fry" and it was such a good lunch the next day. I had to use frozen spinach for this recipe and surprisingly it kept a good shape and was pretty flavorful. Once I can get fresh spinach I'll have to re-make this dish.

Here it is, hope you enjoy! Buon appetito!!

Ingredients: For one serving
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast--- 4 oz
Arborio Rice--- 1/2 CUP
Onion (Chopped)--- 1/4 CUP
Garlic (Minced)--- 1 Clove
Spinach--- 1 CUP
Water or Stock--- 1.5 CUPS
Olive Oil--- atleast 3 TBSP
Butter--- 1 TBSP
Dried Oregano--- Pinch
Salt & Pepper--- To taste

STEP BY STEP:
  • 1. Heat stove to Medium, melt butter in medium sized sauce pan and add 2 TBSP of olive oil. Add garlic and onion and saute until tender

  • 2. Add rice to pan and stir for 2 minutes

  • 3. Add 1/2 CUP of water to rice and bring to a simmer. Stir rice until liquid is evaporated. 

  • 4. Add the other 1 CUP of water to rice and stir until creamy. Reduce heat to low and add spinach to the rice.

  • 5. Heat an 12" frying pan to Medium-High and add 1 TBSP of oil once hot

  • 6. Cut chicken to desired shapes and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Add chicken to oiled pan 

  • 7. Once chicken is cooked through, Add to the risotto and spinach and stir until evenly mixed.
 




    

No comments:

Post a Comment