Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Old Bay Blackened Seasoning




Recently I've been on a serious blackened spice kick. I guess it reminds me of summer when I always seem to order Blackened Mahi-Mahi, Salmon or Tilapia if we go out for seafood. The craving for this seasoning hit me one day so I looked it up and found that it was super easy.

Once you get the process down you can blacken pretty much anything! I have Blackened Salmon and Chicken pictured in the recipe but feel free to get creative with this spice. (I'm seriously considering trying to blacken a burger or meatloaf next time around!!)

The blackened color comes from the paprika and other spices becoming charred.  But don't worry- your dinner won't have a burnt taste to it. I also like to add Old Bay seasoning just to give my fish/chicken a little more kick!

Ingredients: Makes 4 servings

Fish/ Poultry--- 1 LB
All Purpose Flour--- 1/4 CUP
Egg--- 2 (Large)
Paprika--- 1/4 CUP
Onion Powder--- 1 TBSP
Garlic Powder--- 1 TBSP
Ground Pepper--- 2 TSP
Salt--- 2 TSP
Dried Oregano Leaves--- 2 TSP
Old Bay Seasoning--- 1/4 CUP
Olive Oil or Butter--- 2 TBSP


STEP BY STEP:

  • 1. Mix dry ingredients
  • 2. Dredge fish/chicken by coating with flour (1), dipping in egg (2), and tossing in seasoning (3) 
(1)

(2)

(3)
  • 3. On a stove-top burner, heat a large frying pan to Medium-High and add oil or butter once hot

  • 4. Place fish/chicken in pan and let cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. 
(Before)

(After)
I hope you enjoy this taste of summer! 



(Chicken)


(Salmon)



No comments:

Post a Comment