Saturday, February 13, 2016

Mini Puff-Pastry Sweet Potato Pies


So I'm getting to the end of my extra puff pastry I used to make my Wellington. Last night the idea of using the pastry as a pie crust popped into my head. The only problem was it was 11:30 at night and I didn't really have any great fruit fillings on head. But then I came across the sweet potato and figured I could make a Thanksgiving-like treat. If you have puff pastry already made this can be a really quick recipe and they are perfect finger foods.  

Ingredients:
Puff Pastry--- 1 (about 10"x 10")
Sweet Potato--- 1 CUP
Light Brown Sugar--- 3 TBSP
Cream Cheese--- 2 TBSP
Salt--- 1 TSP
Egg--- 1
Water---1 TSP
Non Stick Spray

STEP BY STEP:



  • 1. Preheat oven to 350F

  • 2. Make a puff pastry-- recipe HERE

  • 3. Wrap sweet potato in tin foil and bake for 45 minutes or until tender

  • 4. Once cooked, peel potato and mash. Mix in brown sugar, cream cheese, and salt.

  • 5. Roll out puff pastry and cut into pieces that are large enough to fill muffin tin. Coat the tin with non-stick spray as well. 

  • 6. Scoop potato mixture into pastry shells

  • 7. Cut remaining puff pastry into thin strips and place over little pies (should look like a lattice)


(I tried my best on the lattice, but my sister is a lot better at it than me!!)


  • 8. Make egg wash (egg+ water) and brush over the pies 

  • 9. Bake at 350F for 20 mintues
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving and feel free to sprinkle brown sugar over top of the pies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment