Monday, February 1, 2016

My Go-To Vitamin-C Smoothie



Winter is in full swing at Penn State, snow is on the ground and the student health center is as busy as ever. Yep, I guess cold & flu season is upon us again. But not to worry, I have a super easy recipe that will boost that immune system. This is a great Smoothie to make the night before classes so you can grab and go. (And also so you don't wake your roommates up by blending ice at 7am... Sorry Guys...)

In the meantime hope it's helpful and stay healthy!!

Ingredients:
Carrots (I use the baby kind)--- 1 CUP
Orange--- 1 (Medium sized)
Banana--- 1
Plain Greek Yogurt--- 1 CUP
Ice--- 1 CUP

Step by Step:

  • 1. Chop Carrots, orange and banana into small pieces



(Don't let the yellow fool you, this is an orange... Central PA isn't known for its citrus!!) 


  • 2. Add fruits and veggies to blender along with ice and yogurt


  • 3. Blend until ice is fully crushed and you have a smooth consistency

(My Blender decided to not cooperate with me this morning so I had to used my food processor halfway through)


  • 4. Transfer to a jar if you are preparing it the night before (I found a mason jar works best for me)


 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment