Monday, February 8, 2016

Salmon with Aioli


After a weekend of Superbowl cooking, I figured I'd do an easy meatless Monday dish (That took less than 15 minutes to make!!).

I snagged the last two ciabatta rolls at Wegmans and picked up a filet of salmon. I typically by the processed, salmon burgers but I realized that the fresher salmon cost just as much as the frozen burgers! My family enjoys these salmon sandwiches during the summer so because they're calling for snow tonight, I figured I'd have a taste of the warmer weather.

I topped the fish with homemade aioli- which was my first time making that spread. Overall I thought it turned out well, especially if you like garlic!!



Ingredients: Serves 2

Salmon Filet--- about 12oz
Ciabatta rolls---2
Olive Oil--- 2 TBSP
Aioli--- For recipe click HERE
Lemon Juice--- 1 TSP
Salt and Pepper--- Pinch of Each

STEP BY STEP:


  • 1. Turn stove burner on Medium-High and oil 11" pan 

  • 2. Season salmon with lemon juice, salt, and pepper

  • 3. Add salmon to pan and cook on each side until a nice grey/brown crust forms (about 3-4 minutes on either side)



  • 4. Once cooked through, remove fish and allow to rest for 5 minutes

  • 5. In the mean time, slice rolls add to the pan, toast while the fish is resting


  • 6.Spread aioli on the rolls and make a sandwich. Feel free to dress it with tomatoes, spinach, pickles, etc...



Serve with a side of rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment