Saturday, March 5, 2016

Tuna Steak with Mango Pineapple Salsa


Recently I've been eating a lot of catfish that I made in my gumbo but I don't want my roommates to get sick of our apartment smelling like paprika, onions, and chili spices. I figured I would make something a little more milder, and it was perfect timing (mostly because these Tuna Steaks were on sale)

The idea of making a summery salsa immediately popped in my head when I was trying to figure out how I could spruce up this recipe. So I went out and found the best mango and pineapple Central Pennsylvania had to offer!

Ingredients:

For the Tuna:

Yellow Fin Tuna Steak--- 12 OZ
Lime Juice--- 2 TBSP
Salt and Ground Pepper--- Pinch
Olive Oil--- 2 TBP

For the Salsa:

Pineapple (diced)--- 3/4 CUP
Mango (diced)---- 3/4 CUP
Tomato--- 1/2 CUP
Sweet Onion (chopped)--- 1/4 CUP
Olive Oil--- 1 TSP
Lime Juice---1 TSP
Lemon Juice-2 TSP
Salt--- Pinch

STEP BY STEP:


  • Cut pineapple, mango, tomato, and onion. Heat a small pan to Medium, oil and saute onion until tender

  • Add pineapple, mango, tomato, and onion to a mixing bowl. Toss with lime and lemon juice.

  • Season tuna with lime juice, salt and pepper

  • Heat another pan to Medium and oil once hot. Cook tuna on each side for about 3 minutes or until cooked through.

  • Remove from heat and let rest for 2 minutes
Either top Tuna with salsa or serve it on the side with a bowl of rice. Enjoy, Bon Appetit & Dobru chut'!


No comments:

Post a Comment